It's International Self Care Day today (24 July) - a day to promote self care, and the benefits of looking after yourself.
But self care is more than a quick pampering session once a year. So why not use the day to think of all the ways you can add a little self care to every day.
As a starting guide The Independent lists the core pillars of self care as:
- Physical - exercising, eating a healthy diet & staying hydrated
- Emotional - playing music, reading a book, focussing on your feelings
- Intellectual - stimulating your mind by learning a skill, visiting a museum or doing a puzzle
- Social - interacting with others, either in person or by picking up the phone
- Spiritual - meditation, yoga, gratitude journaling, a relaxing bath
Fortunately, College Green can help when it comes to pampering, and natural soaps, bath soaks & scented candles all make perfect gifts for someone you know who needs a little help taking care of themselves.
After all, self care isn't an expense, it's an investment.