Buttermilk Soap - fragrance free
College Green Buttermilk Soap is our gentlest soap, made with skin soothing buttermilk, and is fragrance and colour free, making it the perfect soap for anyone with sensitive skin.
We use a traditional cold process method which creates a glycerine-rich soap, then cure each bar for a minimum of four weeks to create a beautifully mild, long lasting bar of soap.
Made by hand in small batches in our Cotswold studio.
Limited numbers available for an unwrapped bar.
College Green Buttermilk soap contains only natural ingredients:
- Buttermilk: gentle and moisturising for every skin type. Packed with vitamins and minerals including lactic acid (also known as alpha-hydroxy acid or AHA) which gently exfoliates the top layer of skin, encouraging the production of elastin, resulting in brighter, more youthful skin. Suitable for anyone with dry, irritated skin, including those with psoriasis and eczema.
Coconut oil: Moisturising and nourishing, coconut oil helps to heal irritated skin and has antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Shea butter: rich in fatty acids, antioxidant carotenoids and vitamin E, shea butter helps to improve the condition of dry and mature skin. It’s skin-enriching properties sooth eczema, skin allergies and psoriasis.
- Olive oil: high in skin-nourishing fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamin E, olive oil keeps skin soft and moisturised.
- Sweet almond oil: rich in vitamins D and E, fatty acids and zinc, nourishing sweet almond oil soothes dry, irritated skin and prevents moisture loss.
- Castor oil: packed with omega-6, omega-9 and vitamin E, castor oil has fabulous natural moisturising properties.
- Beeswax: forms a protective film on the skin to help reduce water loss.
How to make your natural soap last for longer
College Green soaps are proudly free from palm oil which is commonly used as a hardener in soaps and rich in natural glycerine, therefore they can be softer than many commercial bars. To ensure your soap lasts as long as possible, make sure it never sits in a puddle of water. Use a soap dish to allow air to flow around the soap, keeping it dry and longer lasting.
We sell a range of unique glass soap dishes made in Cornwall, and wooden soap dishes.
College Green soaps are all cut by hand. Each bar weighs a minimum of 100g – some will be heavier.
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Prunus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cera Alba (beeswax), Buttermilk.
For external use only. If irritation occurs discontinue use.